The Sows Ear Inn

The Sows Ear Inn
not a silk purse

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My new obsession

So, my new obsession is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. That means I had to go "junqueing" thru the backwoods of MT the other day, so that I could find stuff to try it out on.  An all day loop winding up where I knew I should of started in the first place. But, we did see some X-Files/"Home"/Inbreeder types towns (?) with lots of old decrapitated buildings but no junk stores. Or stores of any kind for that matter. How do people survive in those kinds of places? It gives me chills! I got a small end table, a "vintage" vanity type thingy, & a gi-normous mirror to do some kind of Royal Design modello/etching on.. The price of the mirror? 4, four, bucks! Maybe someday when I grow up I will be able to sell some of this crap so that I can continue to support my "wanna be an artist habit". Wouldn't that be fun! and p.s. I have been commissioned to do a countertop! Yippee Skippee!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, decrapitated, love it!
    Have fun antiquing in Stepford, lol! (or was that the Deliverance banjo I'm hearing?!)

    ReplyDelete